Saturday, October 6, 2007

Sweet & Sour Pork

I feel feverish at this point of time but still I managed to finish cooking my all time favourite sweet and sour pork. The sudden urge came when I am suppose to eat alone today...My mind tickle for a while and straight I went to NTUC to get the ingredients.

This is my first try and I always think this dish is not easy to cook and therefore dare not even give it a try....scared that I will make a mess out of it. And most importantly my mum hates me when I used her kitchen....she always complained the whole kitchen will be mess up by me !!!

Choosing of the correct pork meat is not easy...must know how to select those which are tender, soft and not so fatty....Still I managed to get 1 pack for around $2.50. Next up will be the sauce for the sweet and sour pork. Total Damage around $4 !!!

Step by step are shown below and if any of you people wanna try cooking it.....Go ahead !! Never afraid of failures.....The failure for the first time doesn't always mean for the entire life...Cooking is not easy but if you never try it....u will not know it...The best part was when my mum comes back.....she don't believe I just cooked !!! She say everything is soo clean....How is it possible for me to cook !!! HAA I DID IT !!! :P

Ratings for the my sweet and sour pork with egg rice..i dare to give it a 8 / 10 !!! because it is really quite nice but still I think lose to my mum by a bit haaaa..:P What dish will be next..?? Stay tuneee.........................:)


Fresh Pork from NTUC - Damge $2.50

Nicely cut out pork meat


Fatty skin to sliced away !!!


Onion is important for this dish


Next mix with egg, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1/2 teapsoon of salt, Pepper


The important sauce for the dish



Dipped it with flour



Frying begins now!!!


From brown....................


To Golden Brown....................



Golden Fried Pork meat



Now is the Onion's turn


The Sauce is added next


Red red tomato sauceee with Onion..........


Add the already fried pork meat into the sauce





Stir it until every piece of the meat is covered by the sauce.


Can you smell it..???

Ready to serve : Sweet and Sour Pork



Added with Egg Rice




The finished Dish !!



No comments: